DENVER | FULL-TIMEWe’re seeking a DevOps Engineer who will collaborate with all engineering teams to plan, design and deliver solutions that ensure the reliability, performance, monitoring, and scalability of our technology stack. Our DevOps Engineer will be responsible for maintaining commercial platforms that support PromonTech’s core offerings. These will include public cloud, content delivery, and automation tools. Technology leaders with broad experience in creating and administering systems will find a dynamic and exciting environment both technically and with peers.
- Ensure PromonTech’s site and platform reliability and availability.
- Define strategy for supporting clients on PromonTech’s products.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application, and network.
- Respond to and resolve service issues.
- Perform root cause analysis, use data to identify the scope, and scale of impact.
- Create stories and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Participate in the planning and design of our server, network and security architectures.
- Implement robust monitoring and alerting systems.
- Contribute to product innovation, strategy, and success.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Expert in shell scripting and Python/Ruby/Go/Perl.
- Knowledge of enterprise level and cloud networking (TCP/IP, VLANs, VPNs, Proxies, Firewalls).
- Expert in Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Route 53, CloudFront, ECS, VPC, EKS)
- Service monitoring and alerting expertise with tools like Cloudwatch, Icinga, Prometheus, Graphite/Grafana, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Splunk, Kibana, and Greylog.
- Expert level understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell.
- Understanding of continuous integration technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Git.
- Familiarity with Agile process and tools.
- Willingness to drive improvement by working with multiple functional teams.
- Web service design (RESTful and/or SOAP).
- Strong written & verbal communication.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical role.
- Experience with deployment orchestration tools (Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with container orchestration tools (Kubernetes)
- Experience with the Hashicorp services stack: Consul, Vault, Nomad
BENEFITS + PERKS
- Competitive compensation package + health benefits
- Company bonus structure + 401k match
- Flexible work schedule and generous vacation policy
- Weekly catered meals
- Dog-friendly office
- RTD EcoPass + parking contribution
- Cell-phone reimbursement
- WFH policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Gym membership discount
PromonTech will not accept communications from employment agencies. There is no relocation associated with this position.
PROMONTECH LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN