DENVER | FULL-TIMEThis is an opportunity for you to be an impactful contributor across all aspects of our technology environment. Ideas that contradict “the norm” are encouraged. Our intent is to break out of the traditional (and cerebrally painful) ways of the past, and to leverage technology as a means to deliver game changing innovation and improvements to the financial services industry.
We’re a Java shop - building cloud based services, but if you’re experienced in any of the JVM based languages we should talk. Agility is a key characteristic necessary to fulfilling our goal of delivering best of breed solutions.
We’re looking for critical thinkers with the ability to deliver. The Back End Engineer is responsible for the design, build, deployment and troubleshooting of our solutions. This is a full-time position based out of our downtown Denver office.
- Design and build cloud based solutions with an understanding of the design trade-offs necessary to achieve our fundamental objectives
- Develop distributed services with a focus on availability, performance, security and reliability
- RESTful / GraphQL service implementation
- Produce software of the highest quality – aligned with our technology standards: tested, reviewed and committed (continuous integration)
- Work closely with a team of people to modernize outdated processes and improve user experiences
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Programming experience in languages such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, and/or Groovy
- Junior: 1-5 years experience in a technical capacity
- Senior 5+
- Ability to work closely with a team of people and be flexible/adaptive
- High School, College or Advanced Degree a Plus
- Domain Driven Design
- Event Driven Architecture
- Cloud based system design and management (AWS, Docker)
- Understanding of database design/architecture (SQL and NoSQL)
- Demonstrated understanding of object oriented design and patterns
BENEFITS + PERKS
- Competitive compensation package + health benefits
- Company bonus structure + 401k match
- Flexible work schedule and generous vacation policy
- Weekly catered meals
- Dog-friendly office
- RTD EcoPass + parking contribution
- Cell-phone reimbursement
- WFH policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Gym membership discount
PromonTech will not accept communications from employment agencies. There is no relocation associated with this position.
PROMONTECH LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN